blog address: https://anoopjhurani.com/computer-assisted-surgery/
blog details: Computer-assisted replacement surgeries have come a long way, thanks to advancements in technology. The decrease of mechanical axis and component positioning outliers is a significant advantage of computer-assisted navigation. Navigation enables a more precise and repeatable assessment of ligament balancing, kinematics, and component sizing. Navigation refers to a computer system that directs the surgeon throughout the operation and even flags errors.
The Procedure for Computer-Assisted Navigation:
Computer-assisted navigation in joint replacement is a meticulous process that enhances precision and outcomes. Here's a glimpse of how it works:
• Preoperative Planning: The journey begins with detailed preoperative planning. Radiographic images, such as X-rays and CT scans, are used to create a digital map of the joint. This map serves as a guide throughout the surgery.
• Intraoperative Tracking: During the surgery, specialized tracking devices are attached to the patient's bones and joints. These devices continuously communicate with the computer system, providing real-time data on the joint's position and alignment.
• Precision in Action: The surgeon uses this real-time information to make precise cuts and adjustments. The computer software ensures that the implant is positioned optimally, aligning with the patient's anatomy.
• Outcome Assessment: After the surgery, the computer-assisted system assesses the final result, providing valuable data on the implant's placement and alignment. This information can be used for postoperative evaluation and follow-up.
Most Common Types of Joint Replacement:
1. Computer-Assisted Knee Replacement: This innovative approach is particularly common in knee replacement surgery. It combines the expertise of the surgeon with real-time computer guidance, ensuring optimal implant positioning and alignment. Patients often experience reduced pain, faster recovery, and improved long-term outcomes.
2. Robotic Total Knee Replacement: Building upon computer-assisted navigation, robotic total knee replacement takes precision to the next level. Robotic systems offer unmatched accuracy in planning and executing each step of the procedure. This results in even better alignment, reduced complications, and quicker recovery times.
Computer-assisted navigation has revolutionized the field of joint replacement surgery. Its precision and real-time guidance enhance the outcomes of procedures like computer-assisted knee replacement and robotic total knee replacement. If you're considering joint replacement, consult with Dr. Anoop Jhurani, who can harness the power of this technology to ensure your surgery is a success. Your journey to a pain-free, active life starts with the right technology and expertise at your side.
keywords: Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Jaipur, Best Hip Replacement Doctor in Jaipur, knee Replacement in Jaipur, Partial Knee Replacement in Jaipur,
member since: Sep 25, 2023 | Viewed: 57